- Achcar, Gilbert. The Clash of Barbarisms: The making of the new world disorder. London: Saqi, 2006.
- Adib-Moghaddam, Arshin, ed. (2014). A critical introduction to Khomeini. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Adib-Moghaddam, Arshin (2013).On the Arab revolts and the Iranian revolution: Power and resistance today. New York: Bloomsbury.
- Adib-Moghaddam, Arshin (2006).The International Politics of the Persian Gulf: A cultural genealogy. London: Routledge.
- Adib-Moghaddam (2014). “Global grandeur and the meaning of Iran: From the shah to the Islamic Republic.” In: Henner Fürtig (ed.), Regional powers in the Middle East: New constellations after the Arab revolts. London: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 43-58.
- Adib-Moghaddam, Arshin (2009).“Discourse and violence: The friend-enemy conjunction in contemporary Iranian-American Relations.”Critical Studies on Terrorism, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 520-523.
- Adib-Moghaddam (2002). “Global Intifadah? September 11th and the struggle within Islam.” Cambridge Review of International Affairs, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 203-216.
- Ajami, Fouad (2008). “The Clash”. New York Times. Available at
<http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/06/books/review/Ajami-t.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&>(accessed 23 Dezember 2014).
- Berman, Russel (2015). “Donald Trump’s call to ban Muslim immigrants.” The Atlantic. Available at
<http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/12/donald-trumps-call-to-ban-muslim-immigrants/419298/> (accessed 1 January 2016).
- Blair, Tony (2006). “Not a clash between civilisations, but a clash about civilisations.” The Foreign Policy Centre. Available at
<http://fpc.org.uk/events/clash-about-civilisation> (accessed 20 October 2015).
- Boyce, Mary (1975).A History of Zoroastrianism, Vol. 1: The Early Period. Leiden: Brill.
- Bush, George W. (2002). “President Bush outlines Iraqi threat. Remarks by the President on Iraq.” White House Press Release. Available at <http://georgewbush-whitehouse. archives.gov/news/ releases/2002/10/ print/20021007-8.html> accessed 14 November 2015.
- Coleman, John and Clark Walz, eds., (1997).Greeks and Barbarians: Essays on the Interactions between Greeks and Non-Greeks in Antiquity and the Consequences for Eurocentrism. Bethesda: CDL Press.
- Elshtain, Jean-Bethke (2003), Just war against terror: The burden of American power in a violent world. New York: Basic Books.
- Fowler's, Andrew (2015). The War on Journalism: Media Moguls, Whistleblowers and the Price of Freedom (London: Penguin Random House).
- “Full Text of Dick Cheney’s speech” (2002). The Guardian. Available at<http://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/aug/27/usa.iraq> (accessed 12th November 2015).
- Hall, Edith (1989).Inventing the Barbarian: Greek self-definition through tragedy. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Harrison, Thomas, ed. (2002).Greeks and Barbarians. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press.
- Hartley Coleridge, Ernest, ed., (2008).The Works of Lord Byron, volume 6, Ebook, The Project Gutenberg. Available at
- Hartog,François (1988). The Mirror of Herodotus: The Representation of the Other in the Writing of History. translated by Janet Lloyd, Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Herodotus (1996).Histories, translated with notes by George Rawlinson, Ware: Wordsworth.
- Isaac, Benjamin (2004).The Invention of Racism in Classical Antiquity. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Jackson, Richard (2005). Writing the war in terrorism: Language, politics and counter-terrorism. Manchester: Manchester University Press.
- Lewis, Bernard (2002a). “What went wrong?” The Atlantic. Available at <http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2002/01/what-went-wrong/302387/> (accessed 10thNovember 2015).
- Lewis, Bernard (2002b). “Time for Toppling”. Wall Street Journal. Available at
- Qureshi, Emran, Michael A. Sells, eds., (2003). The New Crusades: Constructing the Muslim Enemy. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Roberts, Alex, ed., 2005.The Islam/West Debate: Documents from a global debate on terrorism, U.S. policy, and the Middle East, Oxford: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Said, Edward W. (1997). Covering Islam: How the media and the experts determine how we see the rest of the world. London: Verso.
- Said,Edward W. (1995).Orientalism: Western Conceptions of the Orient, London: Penguin.
- Strange, Carolyn, Robert Cribb, and Christopher E. Forth, eds. (2014). Honour, Violence and Emotions in History. London: Bloomsbury.