- Carlier, Jean Yves, and Dirk Vanheule. eds., Europe Et Les Réfugiés: Un Défi?. Vol. 1The Hauge: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 1997.
- Hathaway, James C. The Law of Refugee Status. Vol104 Toronto: Butterworths, 1991.
- Hathaway, James C. The Rights of Refugees under International Law. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- Hyndman, Jennifer. Managing Displacement:Refugees and the Politics of Humanitarianism. Vol. 16. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2000.
- Jackson, Ivor C. The Refugee Concept in Group Situations. Vol. 30 The Hague: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 1999.
- Loescher, Gil, Alexander Betts, and James Milner. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR): the politics and practice of refugee protection into the 21st century. Routledge, 2008.
- Nicholson, Frances and Patrick Twomey. Ed., Refugee Rights and Realities: Evolving International Concepts and Regimes, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Robert, Paul, Josette Rey-Debove, and Alain Rey. , Le nouveau petit Robert. Dictionnaires Le Robert, 1993.
- Weissbecker, Inka. Climate Change and Human Well-Being. New York: Springer Fachmedien, 2011.
- Zieck, Marjoleine. UNHCR and Voluntary Repatriation of Refugees: A Legal Analysis. The Hague: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 1997.
- Abebe, Allehone Mulugeta "The Kampala Convention and environmentally induced displacement in Africa." IOM Intersessional Workshop on Climate Change, Environmental Degradation and Migration. 2011.
- Biermann, Frank, and Ingrid Boas. "Preparing for a warmer world: Towards a global governance system to protect climate refugees." Global Environmental Politics 10, no. 1 (2010): 60-88.
- Biermann, Frank, and Ingrid Boas. "Protecting climate refugees: the case for a global protocol." Environment: Science and Policy for Sustainable Development 506 No. 6 ,2008
- Cooper, Jessica B. "Environmental refugees: Meeting the requirements of the refugee definition." New York University Environmental Law Journal 6 (1997): 480.
- Cunliffe, S. Alex and Pugh, Michael. “UNHCR as Leader in Humanitarian Assistance: A Triumph of Politics over Law?”in Refugee Rights and Realities: Evolving International Concepts and Regimes, edited by Frances Nicholson and Patrick Twomey,1751-199. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- DeWitte, Claire. “At the Water’s Edge: Legal Protections and Funding for a New Generation of Climate Change Refugees”, Ocean and Coastal Law Journal 16(2010-2011): 211-238.
- Docherty, Bonnie, and Tyler Giannini. "Confronting a rising tide: a proposal for a convention on climate change refugees." Harvrad Environmental Law Review. 33 (2009): 349.
- Ďurková P., A. Gromilova, B. Kiss, and M. Plaku. "Climate refugees in the 21 st century”, Regional Academy on the United Nations 2012.
- Emanuel, Kerry. "Increasing destructiveness of tropical cyclones over the past 30 years." Nature 436, no. 7051 (2005): 686-688.
- Falstrom, Dana Zartner. "Stemming the flow of environmental displacement: Creating a convention to protect persons and preserve the environment." Colorado Journal. International Environmental Law and Policy (2001): 1-215.
- Fitzpatrick, Joan. "Revitalizing the 1951 Refugee Convention," Harvard Human rights Journal. 9, 1996.
- Goodwin-Gill, Guy S. "Entry and Exclusion of Refugees: The Obligations of States and the Protection Function of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees." Michigan Year Book International Legal Studies. 3, 1982.
- Goodwin-Gill, Guy. S. “Refugee Identity and Protection’s Fading Prospect,”in Refugee Rights and Realities: Evolving International Concepts and Regimes, edited by Frances Nicholson and Patrick Twomey, 220-249. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Hathaway, James C., and William S. Hicks. "Is There A Subjective Element in the Refugee Convention's Requirement of Well-Founded Fear." Michigan Journal International Law 26, 2004.
- Kalin, Walter and Nina Schrepfer, "Internal displacement and the Kampala Convention; an opportunity for development actors" Internal Displacement Monitoring Center, 2012.
- Lopez, Aurelie, “The Protection of Environmentally-Displaced Persons in International Law,” Environmental Law 37 , 2007: 365.
- Millar, Ilona. "There's No Place Like Home: Human Displacement and Climate Change." Austlaralian International Law Journal 14 (2007): 71.
- Miranda, Carlos Ortiz. “Toward a Broader Definition of Refugee: 20th Century Development Trends,” California, Washington, International law Journal 20, 315, 1989-1990.
- Norwegian Refugee Council & Internal Displacement Monitoring Center, “The Kampala convention two years on: time to turn theory into practice”, 8 Dec. 2014
- Steinbock, Daniel J. “The Refugee Definition as Law: Issue of Interpretation,” in Refugee Rights and Realities: Evolving International Concepts and Regimes, edited by Frances Nicholson and Patrick Twomey, 13-36. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, ,1999.
- Sztucki, Jerzi. “Who Is a Refugee? The Convention Definition: Universal or Obsolete?”in Refugee Rights and Realities: Evolving International Concepts and Regimes, edited by Frances Nicholson and Patrick Twomey, 55-80. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Tesar, Jenny, “Our Fragile Planet”, Global Warming 8-9, 1991.
- Tuitt, Patricia. "Rethinking the Refugee Concept'." Refugee Rights and Realities: Evolving International Concepts and Regimes, edited by Frances Nicholson and Patrick Twomey, 106-118. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Turk, Volker. “The Role of UNHCR in the Development of International Refugee Law” in Refugee Rights and Realities: Evolving International Concepts and Regimes, edited by Frances Nicholson and Patrick Twomey,153-174. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Williams, Angela. "Turning the tide: recognizing climate change refugees in international law." Law & Policy 30, no. 4 (2008): 502-529.
- African Union, Convention for the Protection and Assistance of Internally Displaced Persons in Africa, Kampala, 23 October 2009.
- African Union, Kampala Declaration on Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Persons in Africa, 23 October 2009.
- IPCC, Climate change 2007: The physical science basis. Contribution of working group I to the fourth assessment report of the intergovernmental panel on climate change. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Norwegian Refugee Council and Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (NRC/IDMC), “The Nansen Conference: Climate Change and Displacement in the 21st Century,” 7 June 2011, available at:
http://www.refworld.org/docid/521485ef4.html (accessed Sep.9, 2015)
- Organization of African Unity (OAU), Convention Governing the Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa, 10 September 1969, 1001 U.N.T.S. 45.
- Regional Refugee Instruments & Related, Cartagena Declaration on Refugees, Colloquium on the International Protection of Refugees in Central America, Mexico and Panama, 22 November 1984.
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, “The Copenhagen Climate Change Conference,” December 2009, Copenhagen, Denmark, available https://unfccc.int/meetings/copenhagen_dec_2009/meeting/6295.php (accessed Sep.9, 2015)
- United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement, 22 July 1998, E/CN.4/1998/53/Add.2.
- United Nations General Assembly, Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, 28 July 1951, United Nations, Treaty Series, vol. 189, 137.
- United nations General Assembly, Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, 14 December 18950, A/RES.428 (V).
- United Nations General Assembly, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 10 December 1948, 217 A (III).
- United Nations General Assembly, 2005 World Summit Outcome: resolution / adopted by the General Assembly, 24 October 2005.
- United Nations, Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties, 23 May 1969, United Nations, Treaty Series, vol. 1155, 331.
- Asian News Network, http://www.asianewsnet.net/news-28622.html (Accessed Feb.13, 2015)
- British Broadcasting Corporation, http://www.bbc.co.uk/ (Accessed Apr.28, 2014)
- Fleming, Melissa. “Climate change could become the biggest driver of displacement: UNHCR chief, UNHCR the UN Refugee Agency” (2009) from http://www.unhcr.org. (Accessed Jan. 7, 2014)
- Introductory note by the Office of the UNHCR to the Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, Geneva, Dec 2010,
http://www.unhcr.org/3b66c2aa10.html (Accessed Sep.12, 2015)