- Agenda.ge (1/10/2017), “Georgia and Israel-a long history of diplomatic relations”, available at: <http://agenda.ge/news/72923/eng> (accessed on: 2/28/2018)
- Akҫali, Pınar, and Cennet Engin-Demir, “Turkey's Educational Policies in Central Asia and the Caucasus: Perceptions and Policy Makers and Experts,” International Journal of Educational Development, No. 32, (2012).
- Armenian News Agency (12/8/2006), “Branch of Oxford University's Publishing House Opens in Yerevan”, available at <http://armenpress.am/eng/news/518589>, (accessed on: 9/15/2017).
- Atai, Farhad, “Iran va Keshvarha-ye Qafqaz-e Jonoubi [Iran and the South Caucasus Countries],” Journal of Central Eurasia Studies, Vol. 5, N0. 10, Spring & Summer 2012, 119-137.
- Based on Answers of foremost Ambassador of IRI at Armenia Mohammad Farhad Koleini to Authors’ questions, November 2016.
- Based on authors’ Meeting with foremost Ambassador of IRI at Armenia Seyed Ali Saghaeyan, University of Tehran, November 1, 2016.
- Based on authors’ Meeting with foremost Ambassador of IRI at Georgia Hossein Aminian, University of Tehran, December 10, 2016.
- Based on authors' Meeting with foremost Ambassador of IRI at Republic of Azerbaijan Mohammad Baqer Bahrami, University of Tehran, December 10, 2016.
- Based on authors’ Meeting with former Ambassador of IRI at Armenia Mohammad Raeisi, University of Tehran, November 1, 2016.
- Based on authors’ Meeting with Tigran Harutyunyan, Head of Center for Regional Studies at Public Administration Academy of the Republic of Armenia, Caucasus Studies Institute, Tehran, October 23, 2017.
- Based on authors’ Meeting with Vardan S. Voskanyan, head of the Chair of the Iranian Studies at the Faculty of Iranian Studies at the State University of Yerevan, Caucasus Studies Institute, Tehran, January 19, 2017.
- Caucasus Studies Institute
(4/21/2011), “Avvalin Olampiad-e Zaban va Adabiat-e Farsi dar Gorjestan Bargozar shod [The first Persian Language and Literature Olympiad were held in Georgia],” available at <http://www.ccsi.ir/vdcbuab8prhbf.iur.html
>, (accessed on: 9/12/2017).
- Center for Central Eurasian Studies of University of Tehran (2/15/2012), “Panjaho yekomin Neshast-e Takhassosi: Bist Sal Ravabet-e Jomhouri-ye Eslami-e Iran va Armanestan [51st Sessions: 20th Anniversary of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Armenia Relations],” available at: , (accessed on 8/20/2017).
- EACEA (2012), Higher Education in Georgia, European Commission, available at <http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/tempus/participating_countries/overview/georgia_tempus_country_fiche_final.pdf>, (accessed on: 2/1/2018).
- Embassy of the United States in Baku (9/29/2017), “U.S. Embassy Opens Salyan American Corner”, available at: <https://az.usembassy.gov/u-s-embassy-opens-salyan-american-corner/>, (accessed on: 1/20/2018).
- Embassy of the United States in Tbilisi (2018), available at: <https://ge.usembassy.gov/education-culture/education-programs/>, (accessed on: 1/29/2018).
- Energy News Agency
(1/28/2015), “Iran va Armanestan Nirougah-e Baragh-Aabi-ye Moshtarak misazand [the decision of Iran and Armenia is to build a joint hydroelectric power plant]”, available at: <http://khabarenergy.com
>, (accessed on: 2/29/2018)
- European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument (2013), “Azerbaijan: Country Strategy Paper 2007-2013”, available at: <eeas.europa.eu/enp/pdf/pdf /country/enpi_csp_azerbaijan_en.pdf>, (accessed on: 5/12/2017).
- Grigoryan, Armen (1/4/2016), “Georgia, Iran and Russia Plan to Expand Energy Cooperation”, Eurasia Daily Monitor, Vol. 13 No: 1, available at: <https://jamestown.org/program/armenia-georgia-iran-and-russia-plan-to-expand -energy-cooperation/>, (accessed on: 10/8/2017).
- Hosseini Taghiabad, Mehdi and Reza Bakhtiarian (August 2012), “Nagshafarini-ye Iran dar Goftogou ba Manouchehr Mottaki: Gozar az Bohran be Ebtekar-e Diplomacy-ye Qafqzai [Iran's Role in an Interview with Manouchehr Mottaki; Passing the Crisis with Caucasian Diplomacy Initiative],” Hamshari Diplomatic, Political – Analytical Magazine, No. 62, pp. 46-57.
- Islamic Parliament Research Center of the Islamic Republic of Iran
(12/16/1996), “Qanoun-e Movafeqatnameh Hamkariha-ye Farhangi, Elmi and Amouzeshi bein-e Dolat-e Jomhouri-e Eslami-e Iran va Dolat-e Armanestan [The Law of the Agreement on Cultural, Scientific and Educational Cooperation between the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Government of the Republic of Armenia],” available at: <http://rc.majlis.ir/fa/law/show/92739
>, (accessed on: 8/10/2017).
- Islamic Republic News Agency
(3/9/2106), “Qadrdani-ye Daneshgah-e Oloum-e Pezeshki-ye Jomhouri-ye Azarbaijan az Daneshjouyan-e Irani [Acknowledgment of Iranian students by the Azerbaijan Medical University],” available at: <http://www7.irna.ir/fa/News/81997007/
>, (accessed on: 4/21/2017).
- Islamic Republic News Agency
(8/30/2107), “Gostaresh-e Hamkariah-ye Elmi va Fanavari-ye Iran va Azarbaijan [Expansion of scientific and technological cooperation between Iran and the Republic of Azerbaijan],” available at: <http://www.irna.ir/fa/News/82649791
>, (accessed on: 1/4/2018).
- Jackson, Alexander (2011), “The Limits of Good Intentions: The Caucasus as a Test Case for Turkish Foreign Policy”, Turkish Policy Quarterly, Vol. 9, No. 4.
- Kakachia, Kornely. K. “Iran and Georgia: Genuine Partnership or Marriage of Convenience?” PONARS Eurasia Policy Memo, No. 186, September 2011, pp. 1-5.
- Koleini, Mohammad Farhad (November 2011), “Ahammiat-e Esteratezhik-e Qafqza [Strategic Importance of the Caucasus],” Proceedings of the National Conference on Regional and Trans-Regional Position of Georgia, Tehran, Institute for Iranian Contemporary Historical Studies.
- Koolaee, Elaheh & Mohammad Hossein Hafezian (2010), “The Islamic Republic of Iran and the South Caucasus Republics”, Iranian Studies, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 391-409.
- Koolaee, Elaheh and Shiva Alizadeh, “Jostarhaei Piramoun-e Masa’el-e Darya-ye Khazar”, The Essay’s on Caspian Sea’s Issues, (Tehran, 2016).
- Koolaee, Elaheh, “Jomhouri-ye Eslami-ye Iran va Zheopoletik-e Qafqaz-e Jonoubi [Islamic Republic of Iran and Geopolitics of South Caucasus],” Journal of Geopolitics, Vol. 6, No. 1, Spring 2010, pp. 75-111.
- Manvelyan, Armen (12/16/2017), “Iran-Armenia Economic Relations are headed to a new Level”, HayDzayn
, available at: <http://haydzayn.am/en/p/56562
>, (accessed on: 12/28/2017).
- Mehr News Agency
(1/11/2004), “Seyed Mohammad Khatami Entekhab-e Mikhail Saakashvili ra be Semat-e Rais Jomhour-e Gorjestan be vei Tabrik goft [Seyyed Mohammad Khatami congratulated Mikheil Saakashvili on his election to the Georgian president],” available at: <https://www.mehrnews.com/news/51229/
>, (accessed on: 6/15/2017).
- Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (2018), “CIS Branches of the Russian Higher Educational Institutions”, available at: <http://en.russia.edu.ru/zvuz/1067>, (accessed on: 1/30/2018).
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia (08/01/2018), “Bilateral Relations, China”, available at: <http://www.mfa.am/en/country-by-country/cn>, (accessed on: 12/28/2018).
- Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran
(7/5/2017), “Vaziran-e Oloum-e Iran va Gorjestan bara-ye Afzayesh-e Hamkariha-ye Elmi va Fanavari Tavafoq Kardand [The Iranian and Georgian ministers of science have agreed to increase scientific and technological cooperation],” available at: <https://www.msrt.ir/fa/news/
>, (accessed on: 9/19/2017).
- Nodia, Ghia (16/2/2011), “Dilemmas in Georgia’s New Regional Policy”, Chatham House
, available at: <http://www.chathamhouse.org.uk
>, (accessed on: 8/29/2017).
- Poghosyan, Benyamin (12/20/2017), “Opinion: Armenia pins high hopes on Meghri Free Economic Zone”, Commonspace, available at: <http://commonspace.eu/index.php?m=23&news_id=4458>, (accessed on: 12/28/2017).
- Qafqaz News and Analytical Website
(11/21/2013), “Emza-ye Tavafoqnameh Hamkari bein-e Daneshgah e Oloum-e Pezeshki-e Tehran and Daneshgah-e Tebb-e Jomhouri-e Azarbaijan [Signing a cooperation agreement between Tehran University of Medical Sciences and Azerbaijan Medical University],” available at: <http://qafqaz.ir/fa/?p=4242
>, (accessed on: 8/9/2017).
- Republic of Turkey Embassy in Georgia (3/19/2016), “Türkiye-Gürcistan İlişkileri Bilgi Notu”, available at: <http://tiflis.be.mfa.gov.tr/ShowInfo Notes.aspx?ID=254502>, (accessed on: 1/20/2018).
- Ruffini, Pierre – Bruno. Science and Diplomacy: A New Dimension of International Relations (Paris, 2017).
- Saadi Foundation
(8/23/2016), “Payan-e Doreh Daneshafzaei-ye Zaban-e Farsi-ye Bartarinha-ye Olampiad-e Azarbaijan va Gorjestan [End of Persian language proficiency course for the best Georgian and Republic of Azerbaijani Persian language learners selected in Persian Language Olympiad],” available at: <http://daneshafza.saadifoundation.ir/fa/news/
>, (accessed on: 1/12/2018).
- Sarıkaya, Yalçın. “Georgian Foreign Policy after August 2008 War”, Karadeniz Araştırmaları, Güz 2011, Sayı: 31, pp. 1-16.
- Shargh Daily, (7/31/2017), “Goftogou ba Rais Jomhour-e Armanestan dar Astaneh-ye Safar be Iran: Armanestan Darvazeh Amn be Oroupa [Interview with Armenian President on the eve of his visit to Iran: Armenia; the Secure gate to Europe]” No. 2924, pp. 1 & 6.
- Souleimanov, Emil, Maya Ehrmann & Huseyn Aliyev (2014), “Focused on Iran? Exploring the rationale behind the strategic relationship between Azerbaijan and Israel”, Southeast European and Black Sea Studies, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 471-488.
- Webometrics (2018), “Ranking Web of Universities: Georgia”, available at: <http://www.webometrics.info/en/Europe/Georgia%20> (accessed on: 2/5/2018)
- Webometrics (2018), “Ranking Web of Universities: Iran (Islamic Republic of)”, available at: <www.webometrics.info/en/search/Rankings/azerbaijan> (accessed on: 2/5/2018).
- Yunanesian, Isak, Mas’aleh-ye Artsakh (Qarabaq) Majmou’eh Maqalat [Karabakh Dispute] (Tehran, 2017).